Take-Two has put its own money forecast on November 19, 2026, in writing, in a document filed with regulators. That is the strongest answer anyone can give you on the delay question right now, and it is a lot more checkable than a CEO sounding upbeat in an interview.
It is also not a promise, and the same company has moved this date twice. Both of those things are true at once. Here is the honest version.
The strongest evidence that November 19 holds
On May 21, 2026, Take-Two published its Q4 and full-year FY2026 earnings release, filed with the SEC. Strauss Zelnick’s quote in that release names the date directly:
“Our Fiscal 2026 performance was exceptional and exceeded our initial expectations at every label. We believe Fiscal 2027 will establish new record levels of operating performance driven by the November 19th launch of Grand Theft Auto VI, along with strong execution across our portfolio.”
Alongside that, the company gave an initial FY2027 outlook of $8.0 to $8.2 billion in Net Bookings. For scale, FY2026 Net Bookings came in at $6.72 billion, and the Q4 figure of $1.58 billion beat the company’s own guidance.
Net Bookings, not revenue. They are not the same measure, and the filing says Net Bookings, so that is the word I will use.
Why does this matter more than a quote? Because guidance is a number a public company gets held to. Analysts model it, the stock prices off it, and if it misses, people ask why in a room with a transcript. Take-Two handed out a forecast more than a billion dollars above last year and told everyone the driver is a game launching on a specific day. You do not do that casually about a date you privately expect to slip.
That is the spine of the case. Not vibes. Filed guidance.
What the CEO has said out loud
Two on-record moments back it up.
VICE, transcribing the May 21, 2026 earnings call, reported Zelnick saying: “I think reiterating November 19 as a launch day today is probably a positive. I think we’ve been really clear that we’re releasing the title on November 19.”
Four days earlier, in a podcast interview published May 17, he was asked directly whether he knew the date would hold. His answer, as reported by PCGamesN: “Well, no. November 19. I do know.” In the same conversation he put the total slippage in perspective: “I think we’re about 18 months behind the original date. Not much more than that.”
Now the part that should keep you honest
GTA 6 has already moved twice, and the man expressing confidence today expressed confidence before both of those moves.
The timeline, plainly:
- The game was first announced for a 2025 window.
- It moved to May 26, 2026.
- It moved again to November 19, 2026, announced on November 6, 2025, alongside Take-Two’s July to September quarterly results.
Rockstar’s statement on that second delay: “We are sorry for adding additional time to what we realize has been a long wait, but these extra months will allow us to finish the game with the level of polish you have come to expect and deserve.” Zelnick’s shareholder letter gave no reason for the delay, and said the team “will deliver an unrivalled blockbuster entertainment experience.”
Here is the track record on confidence itself, and this is the bit you should weigh hardest.
In February 2025, Zelnick told IGN there is always a “risk” of delay, but that he felt “really good about” a 2025 launch. The game slipped within roughly two months.
In August 2025, he told CNBC his “level of conviction is very, very high, obviously” about the May 26, 2026 date. That date slipped too. Both of those were reported at the time, and Kotaku laid the pattern out in August 2025.
So when you read “Zelnick says November 19 is locked,” the fair footnote is that this CEO has sounded exactly this certain before two dates that then changed. Schedules move for real reasons, and nobody is lying when they say they believe a date. It just means confidence on its own has a track record here, and the track record is two for two the wrong way.
What is genuinely different this time
I will stick to facts rather than a feeling.
Both previous slips were announced before pre-orders existed. The second delay went public on November 6, 2025. Pre-orders did not open until June 25, 2026, more than seven months later. So this is the first time the date has had money, storefront listings, two priced editions at $79.99 and $99.99, finalized cover art, a published preload date of November 12, and around 60 released screenshots sitting behind it.
That is a much heavier commitment than a date on a slide. Take it as a real signal.
Do not take it as a lock. A store page is a marketing state, not a contract with you, and a company that can publish a delay on its Newswire in November can publish one in September. The pre-order machinery raises the cost of moving the date. It does not remove the option.
When you get the next real answer
August 7, 2026, at 8:00 a.m. ET. That is Take-Two’s Q1 FY2027 earnings call, confirmed in the company’s own investor relations release from July 9.
It is the first reporting period that includes GTA 6 pre-order sales, since pre-orders opened June 25 and the quarter closed June 30. It is also the next scheduled moment anyone from Take-Two takes questions on the record about the launch. If the date were in trouble, guidance is where it would show up first, well before any leaker gets it.
There is a second reason August matters, and I went through it in our piece on the July 29 Rockstar site changes.
What I would not do with this information
Do not buy hardware on the assumption of a delay. If you are planning to play in November, plan for November.
Do not trust a countdown built on an unannounced date. Ours only counts to the officially confirmed one, on the GTA 6 countdown. The confirmed picture on platforms, editions and preload is in the release date guide, and the sourced confirmed-versus-rumor list lives in everything we know.
Where I land
I am not going to predict a delay and I am not going to promise you there will not be one. Nobody outside Rockstar can do either of those honestly today.
What I will tell you is the tell to watch for, and it is not a leaker. It is a number. If Take-Two ever trims that $8.0 to $8.2 billion FY2027 outlook, or stops naming November 19 as the driver behind it, that is the moment the date is actually in question. Until then, the company’s forecast and the game’s own store pages both point at November 19, and the only thing arguing against it is a history that says this date has moved before.
Next checkpoint: 8:00 a.m. ET, August 7.
